Wednesday 5 September 2012

Amy Friend

Amy Friend is a Canadian artist best know for her art that involves creating many tiny little dots so that when the picture is held up to the light, you can see it shining through the holes, creating an interesting effect. I like this idea as I feel it creates a 'fairy-like' effect, which I think would work well of my chosen theme of fashion.



I think that this specific picture looks quite ghostly and haunting, as the picture appears old, and is in black and white. I feel like the dots on the water look like little fairies, or something giving a mystical feel to the picture, which is very inspiring. Below I used the same technique on one of my pictures. I held it up to the light at two different angles to show you how it looks :




No comments:

Post a Comment