Wednesday 20 March 2013

Creating Filters : Distortments

^original photograph
^enhanced photograph
^original photograph

^enhanced photograph

^original photograph

^enhanced photograph
^original photograph

^enhanced photograph


To begin with, I cropped these images to make them harder to see what the image is actually of, as this is the first way that I was able to distort the image (other than by using the water filters). Then, on photoshop I played around with the saturation, the contrast, and the lighting settings. I think that this creates an interesting look to the photographs, and distorts them in a really unique way. Overall, I really like the effect, for example, in the second sets of photographs, in some ways the tree branches look like the eiffel tower, which I think looks quite cool.

When taking these photographs, I was mainly thinking about cropping them done to a smaller size on photoshop afterwards, rather than having the larger original photographs, as I think that the photographs look more distorted this way.

1 comment:

  1. These look better cropped - you may want to experiment with a Lin Osborne grid approach to create frames. You still need to write more though - think about the technical elements of the photograph and your composition. What were you trying to achieve? How does it link to the theme? What can you do to progress further? etc.

    ReplyDelete