I created my own version by printing a photograph that I had taken of some costumes (relating to my chosen theme of fashion) at the Warner Brothers Harry Potter Studio Tour onto photographic paper (which works much better than regular printer paper as it doesn't rip as easily). I used a berry red colour thread as I thought that this would go well with the pinks of the outfits, but also slightly contrast with the pinks at the same time. I also think that with it being red, it makes it more visible to the viewer.
I didn't have a particular pattern in mind when stitching onto the photograph, I was mainly experimenting. I enjoyed this technique and I think that it would be an interesting effect for future projects and perhaps incorporating sequins for a more colourful effect.